ABOUT DR JACKSON
Dr Jackson's natural products is a niche cosmeceutical company producing natural products based on Pharmacognosy* principles, utilising the best from nature.
Learning from traditional healers, Dr Jackson’s natural products uses techniques, which mimic as close as possible the way that these natural ingredients are harvested and extracted at source. It has taken 19 years of research in laboratories around the world, in vitro and in vivo testing, collaborating with the best formulation scientists to produce the initial range of skin care products, and leading with the skin cream SPF20.
Dr Jackson is a pharmacognosist who has been researching ethno-pharmacological leads (traditional medicines) from the rainforests of the Amazon to the rainforests of Indonesia and is now currently working in Sub-Saharan Africa on the more temperate tropical forests identifying new drug leads from other traditional medicines, working with local healers, shamans, and indigenous plants. Dr Jackson did his PhD as a pharmacognosist at Kings College, University of London, followed by a post-doctoral research position at the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, specialising in skin disorders.
- CEO/Founder of Dr Jackson’s natural products since 2008.
- Pharmacognosy Consultancy for Herbal Company, Bristol UK.
- United Nations FAO sponsored project on indigenous plants, Zimbabwe, Africa.
- Pharmacognosy Lecturer at University of Zimbabwe School of Pharmacy.
- Chief Scientific Officer for Bio-innovation NGO in Africa.
- 1st Pharmacy from the rainforest conference participant and presenter, Amazonia, Iquitos, Peru.
- Post doc at the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, Jodrell laboratory, in conjunction with a large Pharmaceutical company.
- Graduated with an MPhil and Phd at Kings College, School of Pharmacy, in Chelsea, London. Specialised in African medicinal plants in the treatment of malignant melanoma, and solar keratosas, working alongside the Melanoma unit at Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham, London.
- Expedition to Sumba, Indonesia, in 1992, to study the flora of the Indonesian island and their medicinal uses by local people.
- Studied Biological Sciences at Manchester University, UK, majored in drug discovery and toxicology.
- The main objectives of Dr Jackson’s Natural Products are to:
- Produce natural skin care preparations.
- Not test on animals.
- Have a Carbon Offset Delivery Provision for each of the products, packaging and distribution.
- Support indigenous populations.
- Be an ethical business.
The aim of the company is to be a profitable business venture that promotes the pharmacognosy* principles into the cosmeceutical industry. It is to support ethical business, and use where possible safe organic ingredients. The aim of the business is to contribute a percentage of the sales to further the advancement of natural product science, in the form of a Natural Product research foundation called the Natural Products Community.
U Made in the UK
*Pharmacognosy is the study of medicines from natural products.